Early Childhood Education
Our Early Childhood education encourages young children to develop in a safe, stimulating environment where children are encouraged to explore and make meaning out of the world around them. All our schools have Early Childhood departments staffed by specialists in this crucial stage of a child’s development.
The Children’s Garden, our Early Childhood centres located in Dubai’s Green Community, Jumeira 2 and Al Barsha 2, are dedicated to the teaching of young children, providing a multi-lingual environment whereby young children from the age of three are taught additional languages through an immersion method. Exposing young children to these language experiences at such an early age enables them to assimilate into their own language patterns, develop their spoken language and provide an excellent foundation for the learning of languages at a later stage.
Our Primary education provision offers the choice of four curricula: the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme, the American Curriculum and the National Curriculum (England). All curricula are authorised by their respective authorities and regular inspections are carried out by individuals specifically trained to ensure the highest standards of implementation are maintained.
Our Secondary education provision continues from the primary provision, offering education to our students to the age of 18. Our International Baccalaureate schools offer the Diploma Programme with a qualifying examination at the end of the two-year course that is recognised world-wide and the IB’s Career-related Certificate (IBCC). Our American curriculum school offers the Advanced Placement test which are accepted in American colleges and our British school offers the Advanced level tests that are readily accepted in the United Kingdom.
As our most valuable assets, our staff are given every opportunity to grow personally and are seen as an integral and involved part of our community. It is the strength and commitment of our family of teachers which makes the whole Taaleem learning environment so much more than the sum of its physical parts.
Our Staff are empowered to:
- Create a rich, stimulating and well-balanced variety of lessons and activity-based opportunities to allow students to practise, express and reflect on their growing bank of knowledge and skills in a pragmatic way.
- Identify and teach to the individual needs of each student, developing their learning skills so they become increasingly independent.
- Instill a range of key life-skills including: effective time management abilities, study and exam skills, tolerance, ethics and an understanding of personal relationships.
- Monitor and advance personal welfare through the implementation of a pastoral care programme that encourages personal, social, emotional and health awareness.
- Exhibit and uphold conduct and character traits worthy of student emulation.
- Work in co-ordination with parents so that teachers and parents together form a dynamic team in the education process.
- Participate in school improvement and professional development programmes and share best practices with staff from other Taaleem schools.
Visit our Careers Portal if you would like to become part of our team, whether at any of our schools or our Central Office.